Friday, April 24, 2015

Recap & Exhortation

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in Sidetracked In The Wilderness - # 67
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  Why a blog?  So that many can receive the weekly thoughts I express on Michael’s writings in an easy manner.


Last week’s writing brought to a conclusion our “study” through SIW.  It has been a wonderful journey.  It is my heartfelt desire for every Christian to own and read (more than once!) Sidetracked In The Wilderness.  So, today I want to share some thoughts to move us on to enjoying the Life of Christ in us.


RECAP & EXHORTATION

Why possess a copy of SIW?
Whether it be for one’s own personal good, or to have as a resource to share the truths with others…it is one book that can help defeated Christians to get out of the wilderness walk, better than most any ever written. 

Why read it more than once?
None of us get ALL that is in a book from reading it just once.  Some books don’t need to be read more times.  SIW will benefit you and I EVERY time we read it.  I have read it several times, and I get something each time.  It’s like reading the Bible over and over…each time God shows us something that we didn’t “see” the other times.

Recommend SIW to your family and friends
Have you ever noticed the “Suggested Reading” lists that are usually on one of the last pages of a book (near the back cover)?  Yes…there is one in SIW!  Why?  Because it is good to read as much as we can about something as important as the subject of these books.  Don’t you want your family and friends to know and apply these truths?

Buy several copies of SIW and give them to family and friends
We like to claim “we can’t outgive the Lord.”  Well, try it with this book.  See how many different ways God will bless you…give back to you for your generosity in giving someone a copy of SIW who could use its truths. 

Continue to look for future emails…
God is at work moving me into a different phase of ministry.  I expect to be writing examples, updates, and other insights relative to the material Michael Wells has given me and you in Sidetracked In The Wilderness.  Look for future contact via this resource, although it won’t be on a consistent weekly basis as for the last 16 months.

Contact me if you like…
I have always given my mailing address, phone number, and other contact info for anyone who wants to comment, ask questions, or share life’s experiences with me.  I will still enjoy the communication as I have from folks all over the world.

Praise the Lord…
for Betty Wells, Michael’s widow, giving me permission and the opportunity to write these weekly thoughts and to copy portions of SIW into the writings.  My wife, Barbara, and I met Betty the same time we first met Michael.  She is one sweet Saint!  I am grateful for God having let us meet, know, and even host Michael in one of the churches I pastored.  The various times we went to see him speak elsewhere, be with him at a retreat, or get to “visit” on the phone or by email…each was a gift from God to two hearts seeking all the indwelling Christ could give us.  Christ in us, our hope…Michael brought that to our attention and cultivated it in a huge way.  Well, amen!




Note: if you don’t have one of Michael’s Sidetracked In The Wilderness books, please contact ALMI (www.abidinglife.com) and get one today!

To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Getting Out of the Wilderness by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com  


NOTICE:  another blog…on Michael Wells’ book, My Weakness For His Strength, called Living Life With a Capital “C”.  You can access by logging onto www.leemccm.blogspot.com   This weekly writing continues today with a different “day” of the book being looked at and enjoyed.  It, too, can be purchased from ALMI.



Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(twitter) @bleemc67    (email) leemccm@gmail.com
1737 CR 2051    Nacogdoches, Tx 75965                       936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment